Academic Staff Requirements
· Candidates must possess at least a Doctorate degree (PhD) in relevant field from University recognized by the Government
· A minimum of two (2) years of working experience in the industry or lecturing after obtaining PhD is an advantage.
· Having a Malaysian professional engineer or chartered engineer or equivalent qualification is an added merit for shortlisted.
· Malaysian citizen is an advantage
Ph.D. in the area listed; with a degree of Engineering related to the fundamental subject.
Expertise in one or more of the listed areas.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research, supervision, and community engagement.
Demonstrated effective teaching experience.
Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment.
Relevant industrial and practical experience.
Experience with applied research and development of industry contacts.
Professional Engineer is a preference
Interested candidates should provide the below information and indicate the position applied to in the cover letter:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• Statement of Research Philosophy
Area of Specialization:
Electrical and Computer Engineering :
1. Software Engineering
2. Hardware Engineering
3. Communication Engineering
Manufacturing and Materials Engineering :
1. Digital manufacturing technologies
2. Advanced materials and manufacturing processes for sustainability
3. High-powered management for organizational and societal transformation
Mechatronics Engineering :
3. System Integrator
Civil Engineering :
2. Water & Environment
3. Geotechnical & Transport
4. Material & Construction
Mechanical Engineering :
1. Aerospace Materials and Manufacturing Processes
2. Spacecraft Dynamics and Control
3. Aircraft Design
4. Applied Computational Mechanics
5. Applied Thermodynamics
6. Heat Transfer
7. Building Energy Engineering
8. Energy Conversion Technology
9. Oil and Gas
Biotechnology Engineering :
1. Chemical engineering process simulation
2. Extraction technologies using green technology and sustainable approach
3. Membrane bioreactor technology
4. Process control
5. Process design and integration/intensification
6. Quality control
7. Renewable energy (e.g. bioconversion of wastes into value-added products, biochemical and thermochemical technology)
8. Safety (e.g.: chemical process, biosafety)
9. Upstream and downstream bioprocess and biochemical engineering
All candidates must have obtained Credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English Language (including oral examination) at Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia level or equivalent qualification recognized by the Government.
SMOKERS ARE NOT ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Click the link to sign up for application: http://huris.iium.edu.my/recruitment/